Harmony Yoga’s new course, The Art & Science of Vinyasa Krama Yoga begins this month. This will introduce the core practices and parameters of Krishnamacharya’s Yoga system, which is the most well organised and authentic methodology of Yoga practice. It is the first part of Harmony Yoga’s 200 hour Yoga Practitioner and Teacher Training Course.
The course aims to introduce the method and go on to give the knowledge and confidence for motivated practitioners to develop a robust, holistic personal Yoga practice. Those so motivated can then share the method with others by teaching. The course will be delivered in modules to give flexibility in the training. This course follows a more traditional approach and is independently taught to avoid distortion by modern sport, medicine and educational models. The traditional way to learn is:
1) Learn – learn all the Yoga techniques from a teacher.
2) Practice – practice and master as much of this as you can.
3) Application – teach what you have learned as is appropriate for the student.
It is our wish to make this knowledge freely accessable to sincere Yoga aspirants and practitioners so the course is open to:
1) Beginners to Yoga who wish to access an authentic Yoga practice.
2) Yoga practitioners who wish to learn this method.
3) Yoga teachers who wish to study and practice Vinyasa Krama Yoga.
The course is registered with the Independent Yoga Network.