The day will run from 9:30am – 3:30pm and will be held in Wells, Somerset. UK.
Here’s an opportunity for you to experience a taster of the Vinyasa Krama Yoga teacher training and practitioner certificate course.
There will be a presentation, practice sessions, questions and answers. Vegetarian lunch and light refreshments are also included.
To reserve your place, please complete and return an Open Day Booking Form
The course is suitable for:
- Yoga students who wish to take teacher training in Vinyasa Krama Yoga.
- Existing teachers who wish to train in this tradition.
- Practitioners who would like to study and practice Yoga in the tradition of Krishnamacharya.
Harmony Yoga are dedicated to sharing the Yoga teachings of Sri T. Krishnamacharaya, one of the most influential Yoga teachers of modern times. Vinyasa Krama Yoga is not another ‘style’ of Yoga but an authentic, integrated presentation of the whole spectrum of Yoga teachings including asana, breathing exercises, textual studies, chanting and philosophy.
Vinyasa Krama Yoga
Vinyasa Krama Yoga is:
* grounded in ancient tradition, while being highly evolved to meet the needs of modern life.
* a procedure that meets you where you are and gradually takes you on a journey to your highest potential.
* a practice that faithfully respects the parameters presented in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
* a fully integrated practice that addresses all aspects of our being.
* beneficial to both beginners and experts.
* a comprehensive representation of Krishnamacharya’s teachings.
Each step of the journey brings benefits and insights unique to you as an individual. The ultimate aim of Yoga is the total transformation of the mind, leading to lasting peace and freedom. This is an attainable goal for anyone who has enthusiasm and the confidence that comes from authentic instruction.
Yoga can be applied as a therapy, a holistic health practice and a guiding philosophy. Each practitioner will have their own needs and orientation, so a unique personal practice is imperative. As a teacher, you will need to understand the full spectrum of Yoga techniques in order to give an appropriate practice to your students.
Our courses are primarily practical and experiential with theoretical teachings to support your understanding. We believe that this emphasis on experiencing Vinyasa Krama for yourself and developing an individualised personal practice gives you the most empowering start to a new vocation in Yoga. It can also quickly and effectively enhance your personal practice, as an experienced practitioner or as a Yoga teacher.
The 200 hour Vinyasa Krama Teacher Training course is our core training programme delivered by Steve Brandon, a student of Srivatsa Ramaswami. This is the only certified teacher training course available in the UK that covers this aspect of Krishnamacharya’s teachings.
The course of 200 hours will be delivered in modules consisting of weekends, an intensive Summer programme and personal lessons, giving you flexibility in your training. From 2014, we will also be offering a 3 week intensive, residential course.