Yoga and Ayurveda Personal Lessons
Holistic Health for Body, Mind and Spirit
Yoga and Ayurveda take a personalised approach to integral health based on your individual constitution and your situation and aims in life.
The aim, beyond simply the treatment of disease, is to bring ourselves to a state of harmony and vitality that we could call personal reintegration.
Practice and treatment is tailored to restore your natural state of health balance, and empower you in life and/or to pursue a spiritual practice.
Yoga tradition presents three broad approaches to Yoga practice that is then individually tailored to your needs and situation.
- Kala or Sakti Krama – yoga for strength, vigour and vibrant health, practiced as a classical art form.
- Adhyatmika Krama – a spiritual practice of yoga.
- Cikitsa Krama – a therapeutic or preventive health practice.
Ayurvedic health practices can be included where appropriate to heal and rejuvenate.
The methods consist of:
- Yoga Practice – asanas (postures), breathing and mental techniques.
- Lifestyle – advice on daily habits such as sleeping and work.
- Nutritional Advice – based on your individual constitution.
- Supplements – herbal supplements and tonic foods.
- Massage – specialist massage using herb-infused oils.
Yoga and Ayurveda help you through four levels of health care:
1. Treatment of illness – therapeutic approach.
2. Prevention of illness – therapeutic and preventive approach.
3. Life enhancement – improving vitality and longevity.
4. Awareness development – a spiritual approach to life that supports our integral development and evolution.
A consultation is required to establish your constitution, condition and personal goals.
This is followed by an individual health plan that is implemented gradually over a period of time.
A FREE half hour consultation is available to discuss your needs and find out if this approach may be suitable for you. Call Steve on 01749 677470 or email.
Consultation & first lesson £95. 2 appointments; a 2 hour consultation and 90 minute teaching session.
Subsequent Appointments @ £35 for first hour of a session.
Subsequent time in same session @ £28 per hour. (£7 per 15 minutes)
Herbs, foods & supplements are charged in addition as required.
Pancakarma (9 days) – £900 (non residential). £100 per day for any additional days for longer programmes.
If you are on a low income and are sincere about following this approach, lower fees can be negotiated according to your means. Please contact Steve to discuss.
If you have to travel to Wells for lessons or treatments, a time can be arranged for intensive sessions over several consecutive days if you wish.
Appointments can be changed with appropriate notice. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are charged in full.
Personal Yoga lessons and Ayurvedic treatments are given by Steve Brandon.
Personal lessons are available in Wells, Somerset.
Lessons in Wells are given in the Yoga Kuti, a beautiful, natural, healing and spiritual space located in an organic garden.
Steve also offers personal Yoga lessons and therapy appointments in your own home, only in Wells. In this case fees are £35 per hour, with additional travelling time, if this is significant.