Steve began Yoga practice in New Zealand attending the Auckland Sri Chinmoy Centre from 1993-1996. In 1996 he began practicing Iyengar Yoga at The Auckland Yoga Academy .
Continuing his studies with Viniyoga Britain and his personal tutor Ranju Roy, he completed the V.B. Practitioner Training in 2006. He also completed workshops with T.K.V. Desikachar and A.G. and Indra Mohan. Steve has completed Vinyasa Krama Yoga teacher training with Srivatsa Ramaswami.
Qualifications and Experience
- Auckland Sri Chinmoy Centre, NZ 1993-1996.
- Auckland Yoga Academy, NZ - Iyengar Yoga 1996-1997.
- Viniyoga Britain Stage 1 Training- 2001 Ranju Roy.
- BWY Teaching Diploma 2002.
- Viniyoga Britain Stage 2 Training- 2002 Ranju Roy.
- BSY Ayurveda Professional Certificate – 2005.
- Ayurvedic Massage Training-2005 School of Awakening.
- Viniyoga Britain Practitioner Training 2006 1000 hour training. Viniyoga Britain, Paul Harvey.
- Core Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training – 2007 Srivatsa Ramaswami/Chicago Yoga Centre.
- Yoga Teachings of Krishnamacharya – 2007-2008 60 hour Practicum (India), Srivatsa Ramaswami, Loyola Marymount University Extension Programme.
- Vinyasa Krama Yoga Teacher Certification – 2008 200 hour Yoga Alliance registered training, Srivatsa Ramaswami, Loyola Marymount University Extension Programme.
- Core Vinyasa Krama Yoga Intensive – 2009 30 hour course, Somerset, UK.
- Pukka Herbs Introduction to Ayurveda D.L.C. – 2009.
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counsellor – 2011, 300 hour course, American Institute of Vedic Studies.
- Traditional Ayurvedic Foot Massage – 2012, Ayurveda Pura Academy, London.
- Traditional Ayurvedic Facelift Massage - 2012, Ayurveda Pura Academy, London.
- Ayurveda and Pregnancy - 2012, Ayurveda Pura Academy, London.
- The Yoga of Sri T Krishnamacharya – 2012, 24 hours, Srivatsa Ramaswami.
- Hatha & Raja Yoga Practicum – 2012, 24 hours, Srivatsa Ramaswami.
- Ayurveda for Women – 2012, Ayurveda Pura Academy, London.
Steve has a decade of teaching experience and as well as private classes has taught in schools, health centres, community education and prisons. He has completed almost 2000 hours of teacher training and has more than 5000 hours of teaching experience in Yoga. He has taught students from 7 years to 80 years from all walks of life.
If you would like to attend a group class, workshop, retreat or training, find out about personal lessons or therapy, or book Steve for a workshop or event please contact him.
Testimonials for Steve