Steve Brandon is a student of Srivatsa Ramaswami, the Indian Yoga Master and lifetime disciple of of Sri T. Krishnamacharya. He has studied under the guidance of senior students of Krishnamacharya’s lineage for fifteen years. Steve has over a decade of teaching experience and, as well as private classes, has taught in schools, health centres, community education and prisons. He has completed over 2000 hours of teacher training and has more than 5000 hours of teaching experience in Yoga. He has taught students from 7 years to 80 years from all walks of life.
Steve is a qualified Yoga Therapist and Ayurveda Therapist. For a number of years he has been a student of the American Institute of Vedic Studies directed by Vamadeva Shastri (Dr. David Frawley) and a student of Dr Deepa Apte of Ayurveda Pura in London, UK. He is an associate member of the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association.
He is co-author, with Charles Cox, of The Vinyasa Krama Yoga Practice Manual.
Steve began Yoga practice in New Zealand attending the Auckland Sri Chinmoy Centre from 1993-1996. In 1996 he began practicing Iyengar Yoga at The Auckland Yoga Academy .
On returning to the U.K. he continued his practice and study with Viniyoga Britain and completed The British Wheel of Yoga Teachers Diploma.
Continuing his studies with Viniyoga Britain and his personal tutor Ranju Roy, he completed the V.B. Practitioner Training in 2006. He also completed workshops with T.K.V. Desikachar and A.G. and Indra Mohan. Steve has completed Vinyasa Krama Yoga teacher training with Srivatsa Ramaswami.
Qualifications and Experience
- Auckland Sri Chinmoy Centre, NZ 1993-1996.
- Auckland Yoga Academy, NZ - Iyengar Yoga 1996-1997.
- Viniyoga Britain Stage 1 Training- 2001 Ranju Roy.
- BWY Teaching Diploma 2002.
- Viniyoga Britain Stage 2 Training- 2002 Ranju Roy.
- BSY Ayurveda Professional Certificate – 2005.
- Ayurvedic Massage Training-2005 School of Awakening.
- Viniyoga Britain Practitioner Training 2006 1000 hour training. Viniyoga Britain, Paul Harvey.
- Core Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training – 2007 Srivatsa Ramaswami/Chicago Yoga Centre.
- Yoga Teachings of Krishnamacharya – 2007-2008 60 hour Practicum (India), Srivatsa Ramaswami, Loyola Marymount University Extension Programme.
- Vinyasa Krama Yoga Teacher Certification – 2008 200 hour Yoga Alliance registered training, Srivatsa Ramaswami, Loyola Marymount University Extension Programme.
- Core Vinyasa Krama Yoga Intensive – 2009 30 hour course, Somerset, UK.
- Pukka Herbs Introduction to Ayurveda D.L.C. – 2009.
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counsellor – 2011, 300 hour course, American Institute of Vedic Studies.
- Ayurveda and Pregnancy - 2012, Ayurveda Pura Academy, London.
- The Yoga of Sri T Krishnamacharya – 2012, 24 hours, Srivatsa Ramaswami.
- Hatha & Raja Yoga Practicum – 2012, 24 hours, Srivatsa Ramaswami.
- Ayurveda for Women – 2012, Ayurveda Pura Academy, London.
- Ayurvedic Diet and Lifestyle Consultant Diploma – 2013, Ayurveda Pura Academy, London.