Authentic Vinyasa Krama Yoga
Tutor: Stephen Brandon
This workshop is for Yoga Students and Yoga Teachers who wish to learn Vinyasa Krama Yoga in a systematic way to develop their personal practice or to broaden their knowledge for teaching.
Please note that the focus of this course is developing an independent personal practice. You will need to have a daily home practice and be willing to commit at least 90 – 120 minutes a day to this. This is required in order to master Yoga and attain its benefits.
“With two to three hours of daily practice following all the rules and restrictions, one begins to see appropriate benefits well within a year.”
Sri T. Krishnamacharya
“A Yoga student must have their own practice. You won’t make progress if you don’t practice at home.”
Complete Vinyasa Krama Yoga. 9 Day Intensive.
Cost: (non-residential). Booking fee £270.
Teaching Fee by Dana.
1st – 9th August 2018. Wells Museum, Wells, BA5 2UE, UK
10am – 12.30pm and 2pm-4.30pm daily. 45 Hours Tuition
Vinyasa Krama is an art form of practising yogasanas, based on the parameters mentioned in the Yoga Sutras. Sri Krishnamacharya taught this method of asana practice in which numerous asana movements or vinyasas are practised in succession, slowly and with synchronisation of breath. In this course you will learn Vinyasa Krama Yoga in a comprehensive manner including pranayama, bandha, mudra and meditation based on the Yoga Sutras. Steve will transmit the method as he learnt it directly from Srivatsa Ramaswami.The entire range of vinyasas in eleven classical sequences.
- All the main sequences of Vinyasa Krama and adaptations.
- An in depth coverage of the complete Vinyasa Krama series.
- A full range of tools for the practitioner or teacher to use in their personal practice and teaching situations.
- Pranayama, bandha and mudras methods
- Meditation techniques are included.
- Samkhya and Yoga philosophy fundamentals.
- Dietary and Lifestyle regulations for Yoga.
- Developing a personal practice.
- Theoretical understanding of physical, mental and spiritual benefits.
- The full spectrum of Krishnamacharya’s Vinyasa system as learnt directly from his long term student, Srivatsa Ramaswami.
- Practitioners and Teachers, especially those interested in the Yoga of Sri T. Krishnamacharya, will be able to add considerably to their yoga practice and knowledge.
Required Course Texts:
The Complete Book of Vinyasa Yoga by Srivatsa Ramaswami,
The Vinyasa Krama Yoga Practice Manual by Steve Brandon & Charles Cox (provided to course students).
“Vinyasa Krama Yoga is an ancient practice of physical and spiritual development. It is a systematic method to study, practice, teach and adapt yoga. This vinyasa krama (movement and sequence methodology) approach to yogasana (yoga posture) practice is unique in all of yoga. By integrating the functions of mind, body and breath in the same time frame, a practitioner will experience the real joy of yoga practice. Each of the important postures (asanas) is practiced with many elaborate vinyasas (variations and movements). Each variation is linked to the next one by a succession of specific transitional movements, synchronized with the breath. The mind closely follows the slow, smooth, deliberate ujjayi yogic breathing; and the yoking of mind and body takes place with the breath acting as the harness.”
Contact email@example.com for details and booking
Contact Stephen if you would like to arrange for this course to be taught at your location.