Harmony Yoga trainings are oriented towards developing a personal Yoga practice informed by the philosophy of classical Yoga with an emphasis on spiritual development.
“The common goal of all Indian sciences is the emancipation of the individual soul (atma or jiva), and Yoga is no exception to this rule. This emancipation is called liberation or moksa. Released from the cycle of rebirth (samsara), the individual soul (atma or jiva) reaches its supreme condition.”
“Liberation is the attainment of a purely spiritual status which is beyond the limitations of space and time, a status of perfect peace, tranquillity and equanimity.”
Sri T.K. Sribhashyam
Krishnamacharya’s Yoga has been described by his students as Sattvic Yoga. Harmony was a word I chose as it carries some of the meaning of the word Sattva. The development of Sattva is essential to the process of Yoga.
“The Goal of Yoga is clear, make the mind Satvic and realise the true nature of the Self.”
“Sattva Guna alone corresponding to equilibrium can enable the mind to reflect consciousness. Therefore, the predominance of Sattva is absolutely necessary for spiritual development.”
Sri T.K. Sribhashyam
A regular daily practice is required to bring about a gradual transformation of our whole being. You can begin with a short daily practice of about twenty minutes and this can be gradually increased over time. Lifestyle, attitudinal and dietary changes are required as part of the process.
“With two to three hours of daily practice following all the rules and restrictions, one begins to see appropriate benefits well within a year.”
Sri T. Krishnamacharya
“A Yoga student must have their own practice. You won’t make progress if you don’t practice at home.”
Harmony Yoga Courses
Vinyasa Krama means an intelligent sequence, taken in the right order, in alignment with the principles of Yoga. the following courses are to be completed in order as the knowledge and practice progressively builds up.
Viniyoga is mentioned in Yoga Sutra 3:6 as ‘application by stages’. One can move onto the next stage only when the first has been mastered, Yoga proceeds in stages.
“If he has not mounted the previous step, he cannot get on to a higher one.”
Harmony Yoga & The Ananta Yoga Studios
Vinyasa Krama Yoga
Practitioner and Teacher Training Course
This is Traditional Yoga
Yoga Sutra 1:1
This course offers a comprehensive training in authentic traditional
Yoga, informed by teachings received from Sri T. Krishnamacharya’s direct students. The course format is based on the original system and learning methodology which requires the passing down of teachings in an undiluted manner, teacher to student, in a transmission that is in concord with the source teachings.
Practitioner Training in traditional Yoga for healing, health and spiritual development.
Teacher Training for individual and group class situations including therapeutic application of Yoga.
Course Overview and Attendance Requirements
- Introductory weekend; The Essentials of Vinyasa Krama Yoga.
- 200 Hour Practitioner Training followed by an optional 100 Hour Teacher Training. (Course format will consist of Weekend Workshop Modules and 4 day Summer Schools in Wicklow, Ireland).
- Two Year Practitioner Course, starts September Ends August.
- One Year Teacher Training Course, starts September End August.
Tuition fees available on application.
Venue and Dates
The Ananta Yoga Studios, 5 Wentworth Place, Wicklow, Ireland.
Please apply for dates of next course.
- Complete the prerequisite weekend, The Essentials of Vinyasa Krama Yoga Workshop.
- Submit a course application and have an interview (in person, by phone or Skype).
- You will then be notified if your application has been successful.
Teaching Certification Requirements
- Complete all the training modules in full.
- Complete all tests and home study tasks satisfactorily.
- Keep a practice diary during the course.
- Teach an observed class as a Final Teaching Assessment.
- Present 4 individual case studies of four sessions each.
Additional Teaching Requirements
- Indemnity Insurance. (available through Harmony Yoga scheme with Bordengates).
- A First Aid certificate.
- The consent of your tutor.
On completion of your training you will be able to join the VKY Teacher Register.
Practitioner Training Course Content
- Art & Science of Vinyasa Krama Yoga.
- Yoga Therapy.
- Yoga & Ayurveda.
- Pranayama Methods.
- Yoga Psychology & Meditation Methods.
- Yoga Subtle Anatomy: Marma, Nadi, Chakra, Mantra; Body, Mind & Spirit.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Vinyasa Krama Yoga.
- Classical & Contemporary Texts: Samkhya, Yoga and Vedanta, Hatha-yoga-pradipika, Yoga Yagnavalkya, Yoga Rahasya and Yoga Makaranda.
- Developing a Personal Practice.
Teacher Training Course Content
- The Viniyoga of Yoga: Teaching Methodology.
- Teaching Individual and Group Classes.
- Anatomy and Physiology including student assessment and common health issues. Therapeutic application of Yoga methodology.
Teacher Training Certification
In order to maintain the integrity of this traditional approach the training will not be registered with an external register as we wish to set our own standard guided by the approach of this tradition. The course tutors all have knowledge and experience far in excess of any required current training standard. We will maintain a register and full worldwide indemnity insurance will be available to graduates. Tutor contact and home study and practice will exceed the 500 hour standard.
Stephen Brandon MCMA, Dr Norah Nelson and Liz Richards SYT
For further information and full prospectus contact
Liz Richards at The Ananta Yoga Studios
Mob – 00353868963425
Email – email@example.com