Harmony Yoga Academy
Vinyasa Krama Yoga 600 Hour Practitioner and Teacher Training Course. PTTC.
Please note: The next course begins in 2018. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of latest updates.
This small group, transformational course is suitable for:
- Yoga students who wish to take teacher training in authentic, classical Yoga.
- Existing teachers who wish to add Vinyasa Krama Yoga to their skillset.
- Practitioners who would like to maximise the benefits of Yoga for their overall wellbeing and peace of mind .
Academy means ‘a place of special learning’. Harmony Yoga are dedicated to sharing the Yoga teachings of Sri T. Krishnamacharaya, one of the most influential Yoga teachers of modern times. Vinyasa Krama Yoga is not another ‘style’ of Yoga but an authentic, integrated presentation of the whole spectrum of Yoga teachings including asana, breathing exercises, textual studies, chanting and philosophy with its roots in the Ancient Vedas of India. Yoga is traditionally applied according to the three stages of life; growth, stability and decay. Then each individual has a unique constitution, physical structure and mental make up. So a personal approach to Yoga is required; this is Viniyoga Krama, the appropriate application of Yoga methods to the individual situation.
This comprehensive course will equip you with the theory and deeply personal, practical experience of Yoga for healing, optimum health and spiritual development. You may also learn to pass on these teachings through first class, traditional teaching methods by becoming a fully qualified Vinyasa Krama Yoga Teacher.
Vinyasa Krama Yoga
Vinyasa Krama Yoga is:
- grounded in ancient tradition, while being highly evolved to meet the needs of modern life.
- a procedure that meets you where you are and gradually takes you on a journey to your highest potential.
- a practice that faithfully respects the parameters presented in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Vedic tradition.
- a fully integrated practice that addresses all aspects of our being.
- beneficial to both beginners and experts.
- a comprehensive representation of Krishnamacharya’s teachings.
Each step of the journey brings benefits and insights unique to you as an individual. The ultimate aim of Yoga is the total transformation of the mind, leading to lasting peace and freedom. This is an attainable goal for anyone who has enthusiasm and the confidence that comes from authentic instruction.
Authentic and Holistic.
Yoga can be applied as a therapy, a holistic health practice and a guiding philosophy. Each practitioner will have their own needs and orientation, so a unique personal practice is imperative. As a teacher, you will need to understand the full spectrum of Yoga techniques (Vinyasa Krama) in order to give an appropriate practice to your students (Viniyoga Krama). The healing science of Ayurveda is thus an integral part of the course and is taught in its traditional context, aligned with the same cosmology and spiritual orientation as Yoga and sharing the same Vedic source.
‘Yoga Therapy is perhaps the main focus of all Ayurvedic treatment, which emphasises not just freedom from disease but developing our higher potentials in life.’
Practical and Experiential
Our courses are primarily practical and experiential with theoretical teachings to support your understanding and are delivered in an ideal environment as residential study retreats. We believe that this emphasis on experiencing the many benefits of Vinyasa Krama for yourself and developing an individualised personal practice offers you the most empowering route to personal transformation and the ideal orientation to a new, sincere vocation in Yoga.
The 600 hour Vinyasa Krama Teacher Training course is our core training programme delivered by Steve Brandon, a student of Srivatsa Ramaswami. This is a unique certified teacher training course that derives from the Ancient Vedas of India and contemporary teachings in the Vedic tradition, particularly those of Sri T. Krishnamacharya.
The course of 600 hours is delivered in intensive study retreats, personal guidance, home study and personal practice.
The course is independently run based on the teachings directly received in this lineage and supported by traditional Vedic knowledge. On completion of the course you will receive a Harmony Yoga Vinyasa Krama Yoga Practitioner or Teacher Certificate. As a qualified teacher, you will be able to join the Vinyasa Krama Yoga Directory and have access to insurance. Student membership and insurance is also available.
- Subscribe to our mailing list (see sign up box in right hand column –>) to be kept informed of Open Days and course start dates.
- Attend an Open Day.
- If you haven’t tried Vinyasa Krama Yoga before, you can experience it for yourself by:
- Do some background reading e.g.: