**The current 200 hour modular course will finish in May 2014. Thereafter, a new course format will be introduced, starting in January 2015. Details will be available shortly. If you’d like to receive details of the new course as soon as they are published, please subscribe to our newsletter (see right hand column –>). **
The course is suitable for:
- Yoga students who wish to take teacher training in Vinyasa Krama Yoga. Complete all 12 modules in your own time. You can join the course at any point.
- Existing teachers who wish to train in this tradition. Complete all 12 modules in your own time, or pick modules of particular interest. Each module is stand alone.
N.B. Teachers with an existing Yoga teaching qualification will receive a Vinyasa Krama Yoga CPD Certificate on completion of Module 3 (The Summer School). You will then be eligible to register on the Vinyasa Krama Yoga website as an affiliate teacher.
- Practitioners who would like to study and practice Yoga in the tradition of Krishnamacharya. Complete modules 1-9 in your own time, or pick modules of particular interest. Each module is stand alone.
The course of 200 hours is delivered in a series of modules as follows. (From 2014, we plan to offer a 3 week intensive, residential version of this course as well.) Click on module headings for further details. If you have additional queries, or to book your place on this course or on individual modules, please contact Steve:
Module 8 Meditation Methods – 13 hours
Module 9 Sri T Krishnamacharya’s Works - 13 hours
Module 10 & 11 Teaching Methodology, The Viniyoga of Yoga - 26 hours
Module 12 Working in Harmony: Ethical, Effectice Business Practice for Yoga Teachers – 12 hours.
Tutor: Sally Lever M.A.(Oxon), Dip.M, LCH Dip.
Personal Lessons – 9 hours
Personal lessons will be required with an approved teacher.
Home Study-20 hours minimum
Home study will be required of recommended texts, anatomy and physiology and Yoga theory.
Note: You will also need to obtain a valid first aid certificate before you begin to teach.
Evaluation and Assessment
This will take the form of short exams, practice observation, observed teaching practices and a final observed teaching practice.
For those wishing to attend the course and not teach, there will be personal feedback to support the development of your practice. If you later decide to teach you can go through the teaching module and observed teaching practice procedure.
To receive your Teaching Certification you will need to:
· Complete the 12 modules in full.
· Have a minimum of 9 hours personal tuition with an approved teacher.
· Complete the home study tasks.
· Keep a learning journal during the course.
· Teach an observed class as a Final Teaching Assessment.
Before you begin teaching the public you will need to have:
· Indemnity Insurance.
· A first aid certificate.
· The consent of your tutor.