The course is suitable for:
- Yoga students who wish to take teacher training in Vinyasa Krama Yoga.
- Existing teachers who wish to train in this tradition.
- Practitioners who would like to study and practice Yoga in the tradition of Krishnamacharya and Ancient Vedas of India.
The course of 600 hours is delivered in a series of residential study retreats, assessed distance learning, home study, personal guidance and personal practice.
Residential Study Programme – 300 Hour
Residential at EastDown Centre, Devon.
Study Retreat 1. 7 days.
Study Retreat 2. 7 days.
Study Retreat 3. 9 days.
Study Retreat 4. 9 days.
Home Study-300 hours assessed study
Home study will be required the Ayurvedic Healing Course with our recommended partner, recommended texts, anatomy and physiology and Yoga theory.
Note: You will also need to obtain a valid first aid certificate before you begin to teach.
Evaluation and Assessment
This will take the form of short exams, practice observation, observed teaching practices and a final observed teaching practice.
For those wishing to attend the course and not teach, there will be personal feedback to support the development of your practice. If you later decide to teach you can go through the teaching assessment and observed teaching practice procedure.
To receive your Teaching Certification you will need to:
· Complete the 4 study retreats in full.
· Have personal tuition with an approved teacher as required.
· Complete the Ayurvedic Healing Distance Learning Course and set home study tasks.
· Keep a practice journal during the course.
· Teach an observed class as a Final Teaching Assessment.
Before you begin teaching the public you will need to have:
· Indemnity Insurance.
· A first aid certificate.
· The consent of your tutor.